Crystalline Boron (B) Micron Powder, Average Particle Size: -325 Mesh, Purity: 99+%
2100oC / 3812oF
2600oC / 4712oF
2.34 cryst. g/cm3
1.5E12 μΩ-cm, 20 °C
Average Particle Size
Mohs Hardness @20oC
Aerospace, Ceramic Material, Fuel Source, Nuclear
Elemental Analysis (%)
- A black - brown color powder used primarily for its thermal properties.
- Corrosion inhibition: Boron compounds produced with boron nanopowders make it useful in anti-freeze, brake fluids, hydrolic systems, and other applications where ferrous materials need protection against corrosion.
- Abrasive: boron can serve as a rugged, highly abrasive surface for any number of purposes. Combined with its thermal properties, this makes it highly effective for high speed cutting and similar tasks.
- Photoelectric applications: Boron powder offers unique applications in photography, tanning, electrolytic condensation, fuel cells, and a host of other photoelectric fields.
- Biocide: Borates in general work to kill a variety of insects and similar pests through simple physical destruction, making them one of the most universally effective pest control options.
- Ignition: The thermal properties of boron powder make it an excellent ignition aid for any number of applications. This sees it used in charcoal briquettes, fuels, torches, and countless other applications.